This is super easy and so tasty. The key ingredient is the Petit Beurre biscuits which are much lighter than digestives and have a lovely sweetness to them. Its very quick to make but needs a good 24 hours to set in the fridge. You will want to serve some nice berries with it to cut through the sweetness. I use a baking dish measuring 20 x 27cm.
- Prepare the crust and topping: blitz the biscuits in the food processor then mix with the melted butter.
- Press two thirds of the mixture on the bottom of the baking dish then freeze for 15 minutes or until set.
- Prepare the filling: Beat the butter with the sugar, egg and egg yolk in a mixer for about 10 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Mix the cream cheese and creme fraiche or sour cream together and gently fold in to the butter and sugar mixture.
- Add the filling to the base and then top with the remaining biscuit mixture. Place in the fridge for 24 hours to set.