I am always looking for healthy(ish) things to snack on. I am what’s known as a “fresser” a “grazer” a “nosher” I like to continually pick so to minimise the expansion of my waistline; I try to find things that don’t to too much damage.
These little golden nuggets are a great alternative to nuts, lovely as dinner party nibbles or just something to nosh instead of crisps (my greatest downfall.)
How long you cook them will depend on whether you want them really crispy, or just slightly crispy and still a bit soft inside. Just make sure the chickpeas are nice and dry before you coat them with oil and roast. choose your topping; they are lovely sprinkled with a bit of cumin, some paprika or my favourite, sumac.
- Pre heat the oven to 180 or 160 fan. Drain and rinse the chickpeas really well to get rid of all the starchy water.
- Place the chickpeas in a baking tray and rub them dry with some kitchen paper to loosen the skins. Remove as many of the skins as you can.
- Line the tray with some baking paper or a silicone baking mat, drizzle the chickpeas with olive oil and some sea salt.
- Roast for 30 - 40 minutes until golden and crispy.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with sumac.