I can while many hours away trawling through Instagram looking for culinary inspiration and I love that feeling when I find it. This recipe is from Spoon Fork Bacon and its comforting, creamy and quick to make. It’s been lightened up with some yoghurt as a replacement for double cream but if you are making this for a more indulgent occasion, then absolutely go for the full-on cream version.
- Heat the oven to 200, 180 fan.
- Place a large frying pan over a medium high heat and once its heated, add the oil.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and add skin side down to the pan.
- Sear the chicken, without moving for around 6 minutes until brown.
- Flip the chicken and cook for additonal 5 or 6 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Melt butter in the same pan and saute mushrooms, garlic and shallots for 3 to 4 minutes. Add thyme and continue to saute for an additional minute. Season with salt and pepper.
- Deglaze the pan with the white wine, until pan is almost dry, scraping up any bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Stir in mustard and stock, lower heat to medium and simmer until stock has reduced by half. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir yogurt into sauce until fully incorporated. Adjust seasonings, if needed.
- Nestle chicken thighs, skin-side up, into the mushroom sauce and place pan into oven for about 15 minutes or until chicken cooks through.
- Remove from heat and whisk in a little more stock to thin sauce, if needed. Serve.