Waitrose Food is one of my favourite magazines for recipe inspiration. I’d cut this out a while back and stuck it on the fridge to remind me to cook it! It combines two of my all-time favourite ingredients; chicken and noodles. What could possibly be better!
- Put the chicken skin side down in a casserole dish, set on a cold hob and raise the heat to medium. Gently fry for 5 minutes, turning occasionally until the skin has started to colour. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the onion and carrots to the pan and fry gently for a few minutes, then add the ginger and garlic and fry for another minute until the onion has started to soften.
- Return the chicken to the pan, skin side up, and pour over 400ml of water. Stir in the chilli flakes, Shaoxing wine, teriyaki and oyster sauces.
- Bring to the boil then cover, reduce the heat and simmer gently for 20 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, put the rice noodles in a bowl and pour over enough boiling water to cover. Leave to soak for 5 minutes, then drain and rinse under cold water. Toss with some oil, drain on kitchen paper and set aside.
- When the chicken is cooked, uncover the casserole, add the green beans, increase the heat to high and bubble for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until the sauce has reduced slightly and the beans are cooked.
- Take off the heat, stir in the rice noodles, scatter over the salad onions and sesame seeds and serve with some extra chilli flakes if desired.